Maine Coon Cattery
Wiz Maine Coon Cattery Two-Year Health Contract/Guarantee.
1. Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten and will provide properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten indoors in a clean and pleasant environment, and with proper nutrition, health care, and companionship.
2. Buyer agrees that this kitten was purchased as a pet (not for breeding or showing), and unless altered before sale, must be spayed or neutered before the age of 12 months old. Buyer assures and guarantees that this kitten will not be used for breeding or stud.
3. Health Guarantee: This kitten is guaranteed of sound health upon delivery or arrival, and for a period of three business days thereafter, if vetted within that time. Failure to have the kitten/cat checked by a licensed veterinarian within three to five business days will void any guarantee in this contract. It is recommended that the new kitten be quarantined during that period and a period of 7 to 10 days after you take them home.
If found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, this must be reported to the Seller immediately. If professional medical care is given to the kitten during the three to five business days, the Buyer shall be responsible for all veterinary and professional expenses incurred on behalf of the kitten.
under no circumstances be liable for more than the replacement of the kitten. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value. The Seller reserves the right to refund the buyer, if no replacement is available at the time of return, Seller will have up to one year to furnish a comparable kitten.
The kitten cannot be returned for compensation after the guaranteed period has expired and/or it has been exposed to another cat. Seller will not honor any health guarantee if the kitten dies of a virus from contact with another animal after it leaves the Sellers Cattery.
The buyer agrees to provide immediate veterinary care to this kitten if it shows signs of distress, illness, or injury. Failure to do so will render the guarantee null and void. If the kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite medical treatment, compensation (replacement kitten) will be made ONLY if a licensed veterinarian certifies the cause of death.
When the kitten arrives at your home he/she will have been inoculated at least once for (1) Panleukopenia, (2) Viral Rhinotracheitis, (3) Calicivirus. Upon Buyer’s first veterinarian visit, the Buyer can discuss optional vaccines with their veterinarian, such as the FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) vaccines and proceed according to the veterinarian’s suggestion at that time. The Seller provides the CORE vaccines, which are a lot for a kitten’s system, OPTIONAL vaccines are per the Buyer and their vets discretion.
4. The kitten is guaranteed against life-threatening congenital defects for TWO YEARS. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced ONLY if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian’s certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the Seller. The Buyer must provide the Seller with a copy of the necropsy.
5. The buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to any pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter, rescue or to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect of or cruelty to an animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the Buyer be a permanent placement.
If at any time the Buyer becomes unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the Seller does not receive the kitten, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in this contract. This contract is NOT transferable.
Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought to the COUNTY of the current residence of the Seller, Wiz Maine Coon Cattery. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related charges including attorney’s fees associated with Seller enforcing the terms of this contract. This agreement is the entire agreement between parties.
- The kitten should be isolated from other pets for at least one week to acclimate to its new surroundings.
- Any changes to the kitten’s diet should be made slowly as sudden changes may result in episodes of diarrhea and stress.
- The kitten should be given frequent and kind human attention with a generous amount of play and exercise.
- The kitten should not be caged with the exception of short-term confinement if necessary—and with a litter box, food, and water provided.
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully understands, and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.